Montag, 23. Februar 2015

Gili Meno Eco Hostel

Sorry everybody for the long absence ;)
I heard that some people get bored during work or studies if there are no new travel pictures avaiable to dream of a tiny relaxed beautiful paradise island :D

So finally after some problems with my Indonesia Visa I got the extension in the Mataram Immigrassi Office in Lombok, and can stay here until end of March!
But more good news: After a long time of hoping and useless travelling and spending money, my visa for New Zealand has been approved!!
So finally I will spend the next three weeks travelling and enjoying the cheap life in South East Asia and then start working & travelling in NZ :)

I spent the first week of my Gili Time on Gili T (Gili Trawangan) where I mostly relaxed in my little Homsestay Hammock or went snorkling around the island with some beautiful and empty spots (and sometimes even with some turtles :D)

Since more then two weeks, I stay in the best Hostel I've ever been, the Gili Meno Eco Hostel! (http://gilimenoecohostel.com/ & fb.com/Gilimenoecohostel)
I volunteer there for accomodation & food and really enjoy the time there!
It is like a family and community with different generations of people coming and going - and a huge social life - which is amazing even if you just stay for a few days :)


Two weaks seem to be a not SO long time, but I already feel a little bit like being at home, and having found a lots of very nice guys and friends :)
I am looking forward to go to New Zealand and further travel in Indonesia, but I already feel that I need to come back again :)

Three days ago we where hit by a heavy storm, which was luckily just the not so strong part of the whole storm, but nevertheless we had many trees falling down (one on our hostel and two inside the hostel area), some boats where rushed out and needed to be secured again, and all the boats on the sea weren"t able to come back to the island and needed to cross the heavy waves outside, or try to anchor somewhere - but luckily we didn"t here anything about injured people yet, although a house broke down on Gili T....



Gili Meno is the smallest island of the three Gilis, and the most relaxed and layed back with not soo many tourists and more backpackers and locals around :)
Usually I go snorkeling there one or two times a day, and in the average you can see a turtle every second time (or even more than one) :)

Unfortunally I just have very slow Internet here, so I will stop for now, and try to upload a few pictures, more to be followed the next time when I'm back on the mainland.

Take care everybody!
Gabriel

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen