Donnerstag, 30. April 2015

Last two weeks in NZ :)

After a great time at the 'blackcurrent' hostel in Taupo we had our last evening and it was time to move on to Wellington, the capital of NZ :)


So, together with Jan we did the roadtrip there, visited an army Museum (which had a special exhibition for the ANZAC day) and slept two nights at the seaside at a freedom camping space :)




Even if it was windy it is quiet nice to wake up with a sunrise over the sea right in Front of you :))
The third night we spent in a hostel to take a hot shower again and sleep in a real bed ;)

In Wellington we visited the famous 'Te Papa" national Museum which had a big and impressive exhibtion also for the anzac day (Australia & New Zealand Army Corps) and run around in the City :)

Unfortunaly the parliament as well as the national library have been closed when we came there :/


On the fourth day I picked up a free relocation car for which I only had to pay the fuel and insurance, and drove all the way up to Mt Manganui :)
On the way I picked up a army soldier walking on the road in the heavy rain, who just came back from Australia's anzac celebrations and missed bis Shuttle home, and he even was so kind to split the fuel costs :)
By fortune his home was just two km away from my destination so we drove all the way together :)


After I picked up Tabea in her hostel, we slept the next night on another freedom camping site at Papamoa Beach and woke up with an awesoeme sunrise :))


This day we made our way north towards Coromandel and surprisingly picked up the same hitcher again who was on his way to Auckland :)

Coromandel was sooo much fun to drive due to all the little roads up and down the hills and along the seadide with some one lange bridges and 25 kmh turns etc :))

Next overnightstop was Thames where we arrived after a stunning sunset (i quiet like the sun ^^)


After returning the car to the rental company the next day we visited Auckland a little and planed our Waiheke trip the next day :)
Unfortunaly the Wether wasnt soo nice so we mostly stayed in the small towns, but I think Waiheke is a very nice place during the summer and nice weather :)

(Unsuccessfull trial to do a walk due to the rain)

So now I spent my last day in Auckland City and spending the night at the Airport die to my very early flight to Bali tomorrow morning :)

All in all NZ was a nice place and I am happy about all the people I met here and the nice experiences I had :)
Nevertheless I am looking forward to fly to some warmer atmospheres and slowly making my way back to Europe, and finally back home :)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen