Montag, 21. November 2016

One (party-) night in Marseille

This weekend I made short-trip to Marseille - to see again my friend Lia who I met in New Zealand - and go to the 'Telerama Dub Festival' which was on Saturday night :)
After arriving and checking in at the 'hostel' I made my way up to the 'Notre Dame de la Garde' which is a big cathedral up a hill close to the 'vieux port' at Marseille - and it offers a beautiful view on Marseille an the sea.


Image-Fail, there is two times 'Notre Dame' on the Scenic Picture ;)
three kittens are enjoying the sun :)
 Later-on I went to the 'Docks de Suds' where the party was taking place - and where I met with Lia and her friends =)
Unfortunately I have neither a good picture of the party, nor a picture of our reunion - so I leave you with this short video of O.B.F. :)

Closing Session of O.B.F. at 5 am - a time when I already was sleeping ;)
The sunday I spent very tired, due to the crucial check-out time of 10am..
But I discovered the great public bike-renting system, which worked really good - and therefore I went along the coastside with various stops and enjoyed the scenery while doing some bike-tour :)

one of the islands in the background is the former 'quarantine-island' where all the boats had to stop before coming to Marseille, to check if they had the 'black death' or other diseases aboard.


<--- My last hours in Marseille, I went to the 'Christmas Market' which is located at the 'Vieux Port' and had a 'hot vine chaud' (it is - of course - not as good as 'Glühwein' but still not bad) ;)


Here on the right you can see a funny construction at the 'Vieux Port' - where they built a big roof which is working as a mirror and so you can see everything from a funny perspective :D --->



Finally, it is true what wikitravel tells, Marseille is a big Meltpot of a wide variety of different cultural backgrounds and cultures. I did not go to the northern part, where it is also not recommended for tourists, but in the parts where I stayed, I did not feel quite unsafe etc. For me I would definitly recommend to anybody to visit the city, and go by bike throughout the city - espacially in summertimes it is probably even more beautiful with its beaches :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen