Sonntag, 22. März 2015

Welcome to New Zealand :)

So, now after four month of travelling in south East asia, I arrived in Auckland, and got hit by a cultural shock right in the face..
Not only that is incredible cold (9° at night), and everything is built out of concrete and looks nice and tidy (but cold), it is SO fu...freaking expensive!!


The view from the hostel in Auckland was amazing anyway :)

After spending a few days in Auckland, I decided to make a break of my job search and go for a weekend trip :)
So, I bought a 16$ tent (~10€) and a 15$ air mattress and rented a cheap small car to go to the Coromandel area in the north east of the Northern Island with Krissy, a girl from the hostel :)

sunny morning after a freezing nicht :)

The saturday we spent at the Cathedral Cave and at the hot water beach, where to small springs elapse up to 70 degrees (Celsius) water in the Sand, during the low tide.
During the high tide all the pools made are washed away, and if the water is gone again, the whole thing starts again :)


Hot Water Beach :)




Cathedral Cove (funny 3D image ;))

My trip was supposed to be a weekend trip, but living a traveler life means plans are changing all the time - so I split up with Krissi & Vanessa and made my way to Te Puke with a bus and two times hitch hiking :)
I got to a nice hostel where I will be staying the kiwi picking season for earning some money and then continue travelling :)

I already did my shopping for all the basics you need for cooking and food and also organized some stuff like the IRD and a Bank account.

Everything is so expensive here.. 46$ for the cheapest stuff I could find :/

So now I am waiting with my team to get the final OK from the employer, that the kiwis are ready to be picked - which can be tomorrow or in the next couple of days :)

So I am not called a workless anymore but a seasonal worker ;)
Take care guys and enjoy the last or first sun - if you are in NZ or Europe :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen