Sonntag, 25. September 2016

Explore the area with Lisa =)

So now, as I am left alone in this far-away-from-home country, I decided to spend some more time with Lisa, my new best friend :D
Except of cleaning here and gitting rid of some sticker of her former owners, we did two trips on the weekend =)

Lisa on the road :)


The first one took us to Grasse, where I got to know twelve of the other Eurecom students (the trip was organized via a big blue social network) =)
After first beeing lost, because of the others having huge problems with the SNCF I finally found them in the old town in Grasse. 


During the day we visited some museums, learned how to make parfumes, and how to become a 'nose' (a parfumier), and I got to know the others. Most of them took the french intensive courses for the last weeks, so I had to catch up a little bit (espacially with the names ;-))



Today I started with some admistrative stuff (french burocracy is amazingly complicated ;-)) and then searched for a good snorkeling place not too far away. Unfortunately, today on a weekend all the streets were pretty much blocked and it was hard and annoying to reach my 20km far destination. 

Théoule-sur-Mer, Cannes, Antibes et la mer :)

When I came to "Point de L'Aiguille" a scenic place right just where the coast road makes a sharp corner I found pretty much nothing except the very nice view and a small parking lot.
To come to the seaside, I had to climb down for about 10 minutes and reached a very nice stone-beach with a big red rock, which I think gives the place its name (?). 

small red stone, little beach, and maybe a third of the big red stone on the right side ;-)
 
Thanks to my late start and the traffic the sun had almost left the place, so I just went in for a quick snorkel. When I first put my mask under the water I was really flashed, because of the excellent sight, the clear and little turquoise-green water and - excemptional - the fish I saw! They were the same as in South-East Asia! Even if the water temperature is probably at least 10 degrees less in winter, they still can live there, and after our last diving experience in 'Lake Konstanz' I really was not expecting to see so many & beautiful fish =)



little snorkeling video ;) 


So now I am a little exhausted and running out of words, tomorrow the "real life" is going to start at Eurecom, and I am looking forward to all the new challenges, experiences and people to meet :)
Take care everyone! :)

PS: Claas was right, it is possible to see the sea from the campus :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen