Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2016

Monday-Afternoon-Tour

After a more or less exhausting and interesting morning at Eurecom, I decided to spend my afternoon with going to some new places, and discover new mountain roads :)

After leaving Mougins, I went over Valbonne to Châteauneuf-Grasses where I stopped first to have a short lookaround in the "old city".
It is a beautiful small town overlooking the area from a little hill and with beautiful small 'roads' next to the town hall :)
 
 

all the things you can see from the 'Mairie' lookout point
 


 To go further up the mountains, I chose to go towards Gourdon, whose beautful castle can already be seen from far, because it is on a high cliff. The road is not very busy and beautiful to ride, sometimes right at the edge of the cliff, where it goes down for a few hundred meters.

Gourdon is also called: 'Nid d’Aigle'
beautiful mountain roads - perfect to ride with a motorbike :)
After visiting the small city (only about 400 people live there), and having a café and a crèpe au sucre, I went on, all the way down again and finished with my last short stop in Tourettes-sur-Loup. 


stunning scnery from the highest point of the trip, the château de Gourdon

 
 
Because of the time flying, and the rising darkness, I decided to keep on driving and finish the roundtrip with going over Roquefort-les-Pins and then back home again.

The highest point of the journey was Gourdon with about 760m height - with all the breaks to visit stuff it took me the whole afternoon, and I enjoyed it very much =)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen